Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Essay 3: I Can Give Up But Certainly Won't Quit

I never had the nag to quit nor even speak of it..a few years back until today..every person that i met told me that i wasn't a quitter but rather a winner, a positive thinker, one who does it all.

It may have seemed that way though but time has passed and now calls for desperate measures..

The word "quit" is insanitically not in my vocabulary..(or even yet i suppose) but whatever happens i never wanted to say that word nor think of it or speak of it..*sigh*

For my whole entire life, the word "QUIT" is such a strong word! A word with the letters that strikes through my soul bringing forth my weakness..I was taught of so many things that i overcame a lot, I came across the invisible bridges, travel through my way up the scoreboard and even risk a lot..brought up with the words Efficiency, Effectiveness and Excellence..or what we all called the 3E's..I always struggle, fight more, resist and aim.

From all this crap and drama that i sometimes blab about, I was try to look on the brighter side of life. Although it's hard to do..but sooner or later, the answers are right in front of me when i wasn't looking :)

From my experiences in life..Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit..Indeed this is true. I am a certified sporty girl and not just that...a lot tells me that i'm multi-talented (hhmmm..am i really??) sure i do a lot of stuff but i have my reasons on why i do it! tell you one reason.."Doing nothing is the most tiresome job in the world because you cannot quit and rest" i get crazy if you leave me for a minute or so doing nothing. i like to move much, doing things is my specialty. If I rest it's boring. When i'm in training mode, i always stick to the "No Pain, No Gain" motto --- y? because pain is just temporary, sure it may last a minute, or an hour, and in case of injury..a year, but eventually it will subside and something else would take place. If i quit, it lasts forever.

My directors said that i'm the type of person that can't say the word "NO", i dunno why but it's always been like that when i'm given a task, no matter how hard it is, i always end up doing it successfully. True that mostly i don't play on the safe side in life XD but hey! this is me! this is what i am! what you see is what you get :D

a simple rule for myself i always follow:

"Before you speak, listen.
Before you write, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you invest, investigate.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.
Before you retire, save.
Before you die, give.

"We will always have 1,000 reasons to quit on life. Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit. Whenever we make a mistake or get knocked down by life, don't look back at it too long. Mistakes are life's way of teaching you. Our capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from our capacity to reach our goals. No one wins them all, and our failures, when they happen, are just part of our growth. Shake off the blunders. How will we know our limits without an occasional failure? Never quit. Our turn will come.

There's only one thing that can guarantee our failure, and that's if we quit. Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit and i'm proud of it! because all of us became amateurs before we succeeded and came to the top. Although some people fold after making one timid request, they quit too soon. Keep asking until you find the answers, that's what i do! i never think of what people would say if i ask questions in those times my professor made me come along with him to all those seminars, conventions and contests. He told me that "the way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing"

It's always too early to quit as they may say. and i believe they are right. I lived my life for almost 17 full years, what more could be more different? hardship? haha..maybe so..but whatever happens.I would regret everything i've done it i say "I QUIT"

No comments: