Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Poetry 14: Quixotic Fantasies

At night I sit here, in the corner of my room
On top of the bed and under the sheets
It feels safe under my warm coccoon
Away from the world, a silence to keep.
And in this cold dark night, I hold you tight
In this cold dark night, I'm wishing
That there's a you and me
How I long to see.
In this cold dark night with me.
In my sleep I can dream
In my sleep I pretend.
That there's nothing wrong
No damn rules to bend
In my sleep I can dream that,
In this cold dark night, I'm holding you tight
In this cold dark night, away from them
That there's a you and me.
An us we long be.
So stay in this cold dark night with me.
But the night is cold
And my heart is not as bold
And reality screams grow up.
And my eyes they sting
From the tears they long to bring
Still my heart, it screams don't stop.
And I'll stay in this cold dark
I'll stay where you can hold me tight
So stay in this cold dark night with me.
And I don't care about the rest
Cause I know you did your best.
Here in this cold dark night, with me
So stay here in the cold dark night With me.

No comments: