Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Poetry 17: Losing Everything

I've been all over town looking for you
Called you at home
But there's no one to answer.


I can't wait to tell you
What i've come to realize
How much i love you
And that you mean
The whole world to me...


I decided to go to church
To thank God
For giving you to me
And to show my way to you.


A wedding is taking place
When i got in there
And i thought...
"I can't wait to exchange vows with you"


I imagined myself
Walking in the aisle
While the man I love
Is waiting for me at the alter.


My heart skip a beat
As i look at you
Dashingly handsome
In your three piece suit.


My tears fell
No matter how hard i try
To hold it back


As you kiss your bride
To seal your vows...
Then you looked my way
And smiled at me contently.


The next thing i knew
I'm stumbling my way
Back where i came from
For i couldn't take
The pain inside...


How stupid of me
To still believe
You'll wait for me


Stupid of me
To do nothing
When all i had to do
Is to fight for you.


And now it's too late
Too late...
For i already lost you
My heart
My world
My everything
Forever...

No comments: